Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 1 !

HI MOM AND DAD!!!


Well Im here!! Finnnnally! After years of dreaming, months of planning and days of traveling. I am actually here.

It's currently 2am here at the beautiful campus if the American University in Cairo =)
I arrived yesterday morning at 4am.
I like to sneak up on my adventures, fly in at night. (Its actually not my preference but it does seem to be the trend.)
Anyway, so suffice to say, in all that darkness I havent seen anything of Egypt and Cairo except its people and its road ways... which are terrifying. Everyone drives like a maniac. True story: WORSE than Mexico, worse than Tanzania, evennnn worse than Rome!! (If you can imagine. Probably not) But it's fun. And no one really yells or honks, everyone seems very patient here, and slow. As the RA Rashid told me, 5 minutes in Egyptian is at least an hour. (I know this bc my key just willllll not work when I want to open my door. Ever.)
But campus is gorgeous. Really beautiful, and gigantic too. Not to mention how beautiful Arabic is in general.
Everything is gorgeous. But only on campus, because we are our own oasis, with air, water, trees, a pool, internet.. all in the middle of developing New Cairo. Which translated means pure blank empty desert.
Ill show you =)

I better go to sleep! But here are some pictures so far =)
(Its been dark so I only have a few)
((Click on them to make them bigger!!)




This is just a hall way on the way to food!

The view from the dorms. Desert desert desert!!

Home sweet home =)
("Home" number 2... or 3...)


AUC =)



Goodnight !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment