Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Extras:

Apart from the plethora of LCWS/ CAIR related blessings, this city and this semester has brought a refreshing breeze of people from different parts of my life. I've been able to meet up with people I've really been missing.

Here's a quick highlight:

Margaux! My best friend from my semester in Egypt! She lives in South Carolina but is an avid Capitols fan (the DC hockey team). This being the case, she tries to swing by a few times a season, which is quite a happy chance for me =) I'd only been missing her every second since the night we dropped her off at the Cairo airport last December. There was no one on the earth happier than I was the day we reunited!!


I've also been very lucky to have become a kind of honorary member of the Skelly family. Caitlin Skelly was my roommate my sophomore and junior year in college and one of my best friends at school. I met up with her family to go see the MLK Memorial and Washington Monument. They live in PA and her sister and brother-in-law live in DC. It was a cold day but we had such a fun time wandering around and catching up.


Bobby and Lyndsay were classmates of mine in Cairo! Lyndsay is here working for a senator and Bobby has some kind of cool secret government job. We've been able to meet up a few times and reminisce about our wonderful time abroad.


And this is my adorable Sara Smith. We met a couple years ago at USC through our mutual friend James. When I was abroad she was living in Australia and then galavanting around so I hadn't seen her in more than a year! She just moved to DC with her twin sister. Rachel and I met her at one of our favorite farmer's markets East of the Capital and explored and caught each other up on the insane past year we'd both had. We were having too much fun and forgot to take a picture together but here's my cute girl. She has a portable mustache, basically because she's awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment